Event Recap: The APA-HI Chapter's Annual Meeting and Pau Hana
The APA-HI Chapter’s 2018 Annual Meeting and pau hana was recently held on October 4th. In addition to the good food and great company, recipients of the chapter’s annual awards program were recognized. Awards were granted to individuals, communities, private organizations, public agencies, and professional planning and design firms whose work this year exemplified our professions highest goals and ideals. Twenty-one nominations were received for seven award categories. Nominations were reviewed by a jury of professional planners from the chapter who also selected award recipients.
Awards were issued for the following categories. Congratulations to all the award recipients!
- Best Practice - Ka’u Community Development Plan, County of Hawai`i
- Community Based Planning - Waimanalo Community Master Land Use Plan, SSFM International
- Cultural Historic Preservation - E Ho`ohanohano A E Ho`omau: The Design Concept and Master Plan for the Kalaupapa Memorial, Ka `Ohana o Kalaupapa
- Outstanding Planning - Kaua`i General Plan Update, County of Kaua`i and SSFM International
- Public Education & Outreach - Resilience Strategy Preliminary Resilience Assessment, City and County of Honolulu, Office of Climate Change, Sustainability and Resiliencey
- Transportation Planning - Downtown Hilo Multimodal Master Plan, County of Hawai`i Department of Planning and SSFM International
- Urban Design - Blaisdell Center Master Plan, AECOM, WCIT Architecture, Snohetta, Theatre Projects, Gensler, City and County of Honolulu Department of Planning & Permitting and Department of Enterprise Services
- Distinguished Service Award - Michael Shibata, APA Chapter Treasurer and Real Estate Director, Lili`uokalani Trust