PBR HAWAII and Associates, Inc.
Honolulu HI 96813-3484, HI United States
PBR HAWAII & Associates, Inc., a multi-disciplinary planning and landscape architecture firm, is seeking planners for our Honolulu office with entry level to five-years of experience. The firm is currently interviewing for planners interested in an internship, part-time, or full-time planner positions. Depending on applicant qualifications and our workload projections, the firm may hire one or more individuals to fill our staffing requirements.
Required qualifications include:
- An undergraduate degree or higher in urban planning, social science, natural, physical, or environmental science, law, real estate/development, geography, landscape architecture, architecture, or other related field;
- Strong research, analytical, writing, oral communication, and organizational skills;
- Focused attention to detail, accuracy, and meeting deadlines;
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project; and
- Professionalism and ability to contribute to a positive and productive team environment.
Desirable qualifications include experience and knowledge in any or combination of the following areas:
- AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, GIS, and 3-D modeling software (such as Sketch-up and Rhino), and web design;
- Preparing and processing environmental assessments and/or environmental impact statements, and state and county land use permit applications;
- NEPA, Chapter 343 HRS, and other Federal, State and County environmental and land use policies, plans, and regulations;
- Hawaiʻi State and County land use regulations; and
- Community outreach and engagement.
This position often entails coordinating with technical consultants and interfacing with clients, government agencies, and the public.
PBR HAWAII & Associates, Inc. is a locally owned Hawai‘i-based company. We offer a range of career opportunities for our planners to engage in public and private sector projects, including preparing master plans, community plans, environmental documents, and entitlement applications. The position entails collaboration with planners and landscape architects in our office, working with outside technical consultants, and interfacing with clients and governmental agencies.
Salary is commensurate with the requirements of this position with consideration given for experience. Excellent benefits provided.
If interested please reply with: a letter of interest, your resume, a list of references, and two writing samples—one of which should be a brief letter or memo and the other should be of longer length that highlights your research, analytical, and critical thinking skills, as well as your attention to detail.
Applicants who do not have the required qualifications or do not provide the requested information will not be considered. Applications will be considered active for 30 days; if you have not heard from PBR HAWAII by then, you may consider your application not accepted.
Please reply to:
Celeste Yonamine, Chief Financial Officer
PBR HAWAII & Associates, Inc.
1001 Bishop Street, Suite 650
Honolulu, HI 96813
No phone calls please.
PBR HAWAII is an Equal Opportunity Employer