Planner - Environmental & Land Use
Honolulu, HI United States
The G70 Planning and Environmental Services team is hiring! We are looking for motivated, team players who are excited about working in a collaborative, fast paced environment. To apply, please click on the position title below.
Who we are
We are thought leaders, technologists, cultural practitioners, visualizers, and members of the community, dedicated to the design and planning of innovative and community focused places. Within this diverse family, we support entrepreneurial and creative individuals who come to work each day aspiring to contribute to better lives and places. We are individuals who share this purpose for action, working side by side with friends and partners, our clients and community.
Essential Duties (Major Responsibilities/Activities):
Performs the following duties:
- Performs work requiring independent judgment in evaluation, selection, and adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria. Independently solves problems encountered.
- Works under direction of PM or PIC.
- Technical writing, analysis and interpretation for Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Studies and related reports in compliance with HRS Chapter 343 and NEPA requirements.
- Preparation of land use permit application materials, assistance in filing with government agencies.
- Preparation of land use master plan materials (including collection of research materials and report data, evaluation of research materials for applicability, preparation of graphic concepts, and coordination of report completion, production and distribution).
- Attendance/participation in project team meetings.
- Conducting field reconnaissance of project sites.
- Determination of regulatory requirements for specific projects.
- Participation in and support of community involvement programs.
- Participation in community, client, government and project team presentations.
- Coordination of subconsultants.
Non essential Duties:
Assignments may include higher-level work for training/development purposes.
- Participation in professional organizations such as APA, ULI, NAIOP, etc.
- Participation in staff meetings, office events and office committees.
- Development of basic competency in general planning and identification of an area of specialty.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
To perform successfully in this position, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties above in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of planning experience.
- Strong background in Hawaii EA/EIS and NEPA requirements, procedures, and document production preferred.
- Experience with Department of Defense planning and environmental documents desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present project materials and information clearly and concisely.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to understand, analyze and process complex technical information and materials.
- Can conduct efficient direct source research techniques, including technical reference documents, govt. regulations and maps.
- Coordinate effectively with government representatives, project consultants and client representatives.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively in a team framework.
- Capable of organizing project files for reports, maps and plans.
- Capable use of MS Office products.
- Ability to use sound discretion and independent judgment.
G70 is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer - Disability & Veterans