PBR HAWAII and Associates, Inc.
Honolulu, HI United States
PBR HAWAII & Associates, Inc., a multi-disciplinary planning and landscape architecture firm, is
seeking a full-time planner for our Honolulu office.
Required qualifications include:
- An undergraduate degree or higher in urban planning, social science, natural, physical, or environmental science, law, real estate/development, geography, landscape architecture, architecture, or other related field;
- Strong research, analytical, writing, oral communication, and organizational skills;
- Focused attention to detail, accuracy, and meeting deadlines;
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project; and
- Employee conduct and behavior necessary in maintaining a productive and positive work environment.
Desirable qualifications include:
- Competency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, GIS, and 3-D modeling software (such as Sketch-up and
- Rhino), and web design;
- Experience preparing and processing: environmental assessments and/or environmental impact statements, and state and county land use permit applications;
- A firm understanding of NEPA, Chapter 343 HRS, and other Federal, State and County environmental and land use policies, plans, and regulations;
- Experience in urban design, land planning, master planning, and site planning at varying scales and densities;
- An understanding of Hawai‘i State and County land use regulations;
- Strong written and oral communication skills; and
- Project management capability proportionate with experience.
This position often entails coordinating with technical consultants and interfacing with clients, government agencies, and the public.
PBR HAWAII & Associates, Inc. is a locally owned Hawai‘i-based company. We offer a range
of career opportunities for our planners to engage in public and private sector projects,
including preparing master plans, community plans, environmental documents, and entitlement
applications. The position entails collaboration with planners and landscape architects in our
office, working with outside technical consultants, and interfacing with clients and governmental
Salary is commensurate with the requirements of this position with consideration given for
experience. Excellent benefits provided.
If interested please reply with: a letter of interest, your resume, a list of references, and two
writing samples—one of which should be a brief letter or memo and the other should be of
longer length that highlights your research, analytical, and critical thinking skills, as well as your
attention to detail. Send the information to the contact provided.
PBR HAWAII is an Equal Opportunity Employer